Terms and Conditions of Use
This website is operated by Villiger Söhne AG of Dorfstrasse 4, 5735 Pfeffikon, Switzerland, hereinafter referred to as "VILLIGER".
When we speak of
we mean anything digital offered by VILLIGER, for example:
a) Websites (like www.villigercigars.com, www.constellationcigars.com, www.corrida-cigars.com)
d) Online Shop
we mean anything that’s available through those services, such as:
e) Metadata and open-source codes
f) User-generated content
Scope and application
You must be of legal smoking age to use this Website.
You are not allowed to access the Website’s content when you’re under the legal age, nor should you be helping others do the same.
We reserve the right to block access to the Website, if we have reasons to believe that you’re not of legal age and/or fail to prove the contrary.
In order to provide parents with tools to prevent their young children from visiting our Website, we have submitted it to the following filtering services: (...)
Terms for using our services and content
- You may access the Website for your personal, non-commercial use only. Copying or storing of any content for other than personal, non-commercial use is expressly prohibited without the prior written permission from VILLIGER or the copyright holder identified in the individual content's proprietary notices including copyright notice.
- These rules apply to our services and content. One exception is content that’s made to be shared and was communicated as such.
a. What you’re not allowed to do
i. Hacking our services and content
ii. Trying to get around our content security technology (software that stops people copying our content)
iii. Accessing content when you’re under the legal age of the country you’re accessing from, or helping others do the same
iv. Refusing to prove that you are of legal age, if we have reasons to believe that you’re not
b. Don’t pretend to be VILLIGER, that includes:
i. Recreating a service or copying the look of a service
ii. Using our brands, trademarks or logos without our permission
iii. Using or mentioning our content in press releases or other marketing activities without checking with us first
iv. Making money from our content or services.
v. Sharing our content that is not explicitly meant to be shared.
- Contact us if you would like to obtain permission to use certain contents from our Website and other VILLIGER services and platforms. Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will see what can be done for you.
Your VILLIGER Account
1. Registering for an account
You may need an account to use some of our services, like more personalized user experience on our Website, signing up for our online community, events or prize draws. You may also choose to set up an account to make the most of the VILLIGER Online Shop (service available in certain countries only).
2. To keep your account safe, don’t:
- Tell anyone your username or password
- Give us false information
- Try to log in as someone else
- Try to bypass our security measures
- Create more than one account
- Create an account for someone else, except for your child.
And be sure to keep your details up-to-date.
3. What we do with your information
The data you send us when you register, fill in web forms or use our services helps us to:
- Provide you with services, recommendations, notifications and other features
- Improve our existing services and come up with new ones.
Text, images, videos, software, products, services and other information contained in or presented on the Website may not be amended, copied, reproduced, licensed, republished, uploaded, posted, sent or made perceptible in any other way without the prior written consent of VILLIGER or the right owner in question.
Neither title nor intellectual property rights are transferred to you by use of or access to this Website. All rights, title and interest in and to all aspects of the Website remain the property of VILLIGER or the right owner in question.
Material on this Website is provided for lawful purposes only.
Disclaimer of liability
Under no circumstances shall VILLIGER or its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent or related companies be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages), harm, or injury that relate to, arise out of, or result from the use of, or access to, or the inability to use, any of the services and content of the Website, or are caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operational transmission, computer virus or line failure. The content on this site may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Content is provided without warranties of any kind, express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable laws, VILLIGER disclaims liability for negligence and disclaims all representations and warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
VILLIGER does not warrant that the Website’s services will be uninterrupted or error-free, that the contents will be correct, accurate or reliable, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
4. All remarks, suggestions, ideas, creative concepts, graphics, or other information communicated through this Site or otherwise sent to VILLIGER, including without limitation, product or advertising ideas, (collectively, the Submission) will forever be the exclusive property of TAC, who will not be required to treat the Submission as confidential, and will not be liable for any use whatsoever or disclosure of the Submission, and need not provide any compensation or acknowledgement for the Submission. Without limitation, TAC will have exclusive ownership of all present and future existing rights to the Submission of every kind and nature anywhere, including the right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, transmit, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Submission. You agree not to submit any infringing, unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or profane material that could constitute or encourage criminal or unlawful conduct, or material containing spam or advertising content. You acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever Submission you send, and you, not TAC, have full responsibility for the message, including its legality, reliability, and originality. By submitting content to this Site you agree that TAC has the right to remove and delete postings for any reason whatsoever, or for no reason at all. TAC reserves the right to filter all posts and submissions from individuals who display persistent behavior contrary to the Terms and Conditions of Use governing use of this Site.
This Website may contain links or references to other Internet sites and resources that are not operated by VILLIGER. VILLIGER is not responsible for the availability of external contents and services linked to this Website, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials from such sites or resources. Transactions that occur between you and the third party are strictly between you and the third party and are not the responsibility of VILLIGER. We recommend that you review the Terms and Conditions of Use of these linked sites, as their policies may differ from ours. You should direct any concerns regarding any external link to the respective site administrator or Webmaster.
This Website uses and depicts trademarks, related logos and designs that are owned by VILLIGER and/or its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent or related companies. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any related content of this Website, is strictly prohibited. Trademarks not owned by VILLIGER are the property of the respective trademark owners.
- This Website is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to respective copyright laws and international conventions. You may not modify, adapt, translate, exhibit, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute (except content explicitly meant to be shared), perform, display, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble, or in any way exploit, any of the content, software, materials of the Website.
- It is our policy to promptly respond to claims of copyright infringement. If you believe that an infringing copyrighted work is accessible on this Website, you may notify us by sending the following information to email@example.com:
a. The signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright (physical or electronic);
b. A statement that this person is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
c. A statement that this person acts in good faith and believes that the use of the material in the complained-of manner is not authorized either by the copyright owner, by the owner's agent, or by law;
d. A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, and a description of where the allegedly infringing material is located on the Site;
as well as:
e. Your full name, postal address, telephone number and e-mail address;
f. The annotation "Notice of Infringement" in the subject line of all such notifications.
When we remove or disable access to any material claimed to be infringing, we may attempt to contact the user who has posted such material in order to give that user an opportunity to respond to the notification.
This agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of Switzerland, notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of laws. All contents of this Website are made available only to provide information about VILLIGER, which controls and operates this Website from Dorfstrasse 4, 5735 Pfeffikon, Switzerland and makes no representation that these materials are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use this Website from other locations, you are responsible for compliance with the applicable local laws.